Thursday, November 27, 2008

Entry 5

May 7th, 1892

Dear Diary,

  I did not write for a long time because I was so tired and exhausted. Adjusting to America was not very easy. We have absolutely no money because we spent all of it for coming to America. The money my father earned from his job all goes to the house rent. If we have some money left, my father uses it to buy alcohol. I was frusturated in the beginning but I now could understand him. I bet he didn't see this coming and he thought America was be the 'Golden Land' that he dreamed of. I heard that he is having a hard time in work because he is the only Japanese. This is probably a big surprise for him. If we don't pay the rent for a while, than it won't be so hard. Maybe I should start working again to help my father pay the rent. Starting a new life isn't as easy as it sounds.

Sincerely,
Haruka Mizumi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home