Sunday, November 23, 2008

Entry 1

November 24, 2891
Dear Diary,
  
  My name is Haruka Mizumi and I live in Japan with my father, Ohno Mizumi. I am 16 years old and my father is 48. Obviously, I speak Japanese because it is the main language in our country. My father works at a dry cleaning place in Tokyo. He does not earn a lot of money from his work so I have to work 5 times a week for both of us to survive. Since I only get the weekend off, I don't have much time to study. A couple of days ago, my father told me that in America, he could get a much better job with good payment and that going to America will help me with my education. He said it was my decision whether to immigrate to America or not. It was very overwhelming that I had to leave Japan and all the delicious foods like ramen, sushi, udon, rice, etc. I can't even imagine what it would be like in America. My friends say that America is a very big and great country. I am excited to go but thinking of all the things I have to risk and give up make me frightened and sad.
Sincerely,
Haruka Mizumi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home