Thursday, November 27, 2008

Entry 2

January 3, 1892

Dear Diary,

The journey to America is very long and tiring. We are traveling in a crowded ship for about 40 days now . If you have a first or second class tickets you would get your own private room and dining place but my father and I only had the money to get the steerage class tickets. People with the steerage class tickets had to eat and sleep in the bottom of the ship. Many people got sick because it was too crowded and dirty. But everyone tried to stay healthy because whoever was sick has to go back to their country. When the weather is good, most people would stay on the deck to get some fresh air. We play games and made new friends. I brought clothes, food supplies, blankets, etc. I couldn't bring all of my stuff because only a certain amount of luggages were allowed to be brought. I hope we arrive soon. I am so sick of this crowded ship!


Sincerely,

Haruka Mizumi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home