Thursday, November 27, 2008

Entry 4

Febuary 2, 1892


Dear Diary,
  Everyday in America is exciting. There are so many new things here that I never knew about. The people, food, clothing, language, money even houses are all different. I guess everything changed in my life so fast. I still am surprised whenever I see an American. I just say the basic easy english to them. I learn english with the other beginners who are mostly japanese. One major thing I love about America is the food. Toast for breakfast, burgers for lunch, and meat for dinner! They are so delicious. I still don't understand how to use dollars so my father helps my buy the food. In Japan, we used to use yen as our money but in America it is dollars. I learned today that 1 dollar equals 108.81 yen. It is so confusing. I hope I get used to the life in America very soon!

Sincerely,
Haruka Mizumi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home